About Me

My photo
Hi!! My name is Lucy and I adore anything to do with crafts and textiles :) On this blog I want to share with you this passion for textile design. If you see anything on the blog that you might like or want to ask me about then feel free to send me a email!! :) I'd love to chat with you :) x x x :) you can contact me using either of these email addresses: bird-and-button-designs@hotmail.co.uk OR smiley8517@hotmail.co.uk Thank you:)x x x

Friday 28 October 2011

BOO!! :) :) :)

Boo!! :)

I hope you are all well :) :) Getting excited for Halloween? :) I sure am!! :) :) :)

This morning I have been making Casper Cakes :)


Spooky hey? :) :)

Anyways here is the recipe, in case you want to make some of your own ghostly friends :)  (the buns ive made are chocolate, but you could makeplain buns if you want :) :)

Ingredients (to make 10 ghosties) :)
3 eggs
6oz soft margerine
6oz caster sugar
5oz self raising flour
1oz cocoa powder
Jam
Roll out Royal Icing
Icing pens.

What to do:
1) In a foodprocessor, mix your eggs, margerine and caster sugar on full speed for 60 seconds.
2) Add the flour and cocoa powder and pulse 30 times.
3) Mix at half speed for 30 seconds.
4) Split your mixture across 20 bun cases.
5) Cook at 150-175 degrees until your buns feel springy to touch.
6) Remove from the oven and let your buns cool.Then remove from the bun cases.
7) Stick two buns on top of each other with your jam.
8) Roll out your icing so it is quite thin.
9) Cut the icing into circles.
10) Lay your icing on top of your bun piles and wiggle the icing at the bottom so it looks like a floaty ghost :)
11) Draw faces on your ghosts using a squeezy icing pen.

TA DAHHHHH :) You are done :) Well done you :)




I hope you all have a wonderful Halloween weekend!! :) :) :)

Big hugs and smiles :) :) :)

Lucy x x x :)

No comments:

Post a Comment